Today we started to talk about studies that you see in the media, and how they’re reported (accurately and inaccurately).
Tonight’s homework is to read about e-cigarettes (or another interesting topic of your choice) to find out if they’re safe and if they work. Here are the questions you might consider while reading:
- What information is presented?
- What do you still wonder?
- How has the study methodology been explained?
- What has been “glossed over”?
- What are the limitations on the study?
- Is there more research to be completed?
- Should more research be completed?
- How much do you think it cost to gather this data and analyze it?